Friday, June 18, 2010

Dig, Dig, Dig a Hole

So I just finished putting the final touches on the five minute speech I have to give tomorrow in my LIS 2850 class. We get to give the speech on a topic we want, as long as it is instructional in nature. Which means we get to teach something we love. What I love is stories, songs, and rhymes, so I've decided that tomorrow I am going to teach everyone how to sing "Dig a Hole." It is a children's song that goes along with the One Book, Every Young Child Selection of What a Treasure by Jane and Will Hillenbrand. I going to teach the class the song, as well as demonstrate the way I teach songs to young children. I think it will be really fun, especially if I can get everyone into it.

So right now (and earlier today) there are some crazy thunderstorms traveling through the midwest (my homeland) and I'm super jealous that I'm not there. I love that kind of weather. My dad and I used to watch the sky on our back porch when I was little. The sky turns all sorts of great colors and the air just smells so amazing. I like that Pittsburgh gets good storms too, but nothing beats a midwest storm. I'm moving to Virginia in August, so I guess it is going to a whole new kind of weather for me soon- Hurricanes! They still don't seem as exciting to me, though...

Well that's all for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment