Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Long Day!

Today felt like a really long day, even though I didn't do much. I keep trying to get up early (well early for me which is like 10:00) but it doesn't work and I end up falling asleep again around 1 or 2. Isn't that crazy!? I mean I keep sleeping for about 9 hour a night, but my body seems to think that isn't enough.

Anyway, the Summer Reading Program started this week at the library where I work, and I must say it is super exciting! On Monday we probably signed up about 30 kids while I was there, and I was only there for about and hour and a half. I also got to feed the frogs, which is pretty damn cool. The frogs that we have are actually Fire-Belly toads. They are brownish greenish with black spots and bright red bellys. We bought them to go along with the theme of "Make a Splash!" which is this summer's SRC theme. The kids seem to really like them, and we are having a vote of what their names should be. The kids get to pick from "Max and Ruby," "Tom and Huck," and "Bella and Edward." I think Max and Ruby is going to win, because lots of younger kids are voting.

Tomorrow I have my first Summer preschool story time! The theme is starfish. We are going to learn all about star fish and make star fish pendants from paper, glitter, and sand. I love story time, it is my favorite program. I'm lucky my boss prefers to work with the older kids, because that means I get to be in charge of story time all summer, just like in the spring!

Ok, time to go to bed. I have to work both at the library tomorrow and at the bar. Ugh. Oh well, so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment