Monday, July 19, 2010

It's Electric!

So, I have been very productive over the last two days. I've done a ridiculous amount of homework and I've set a lot of things up for my new apartment. Today I was on the phone forever talking to the electric company, gas company, and cable companies. It is very easy to get your electricity turned off and your cable turned off. It was not so easy to get them turned on in Virginia. Compared to Pittsburgh, it is like jumping through hoops trying to get all of this stuff taken care of. There are way more deposits and fees that I have to deal with this time around. I guess maybe it is because Norfolk is kind of a transient area, so the companies have to do more to insure they get paid. What is the most ridiculous thing, however, is that the gas company makes you provide them with a copy of your lease. So silly! I have to fax over my lease to them and a copy of my ID, otherwise they can't turn on our gas. Luckily, it isn't essentiall to have gas right as we move in to the apartment, so we can go a few days without it if we have to.


I also have finished up a lot of homework in the last couple days. I have pretty much everything done for two of my courses, which is really helpful. I think I am going to do my last assignment for 2005 right now as well, which is good because then I really only have to worry about the website project for this class and a couple little things in other classes. I'm so ready to be done with school! I do kinda need to find a job though.....

1 comment:

  1. Good call. That 2005 assignment is really simple and fun if you focus on a collection that you care about.

    ReplyDelete