Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sea Animal Safari

Got out of work early, thank goodness. We weren't busy at all, probably because even when the sun went down it didn't get any cooler. It is weeks like this that I'm very happy about my career choice- libraries tend to be well air conditioned places.

Today was no exception- story time was very fun and not over heated! We had an underwater sea safari. First we made magic sea telescopes out of paper towel rolls and blue saran warp. The we went swimming around the room and discovered various sea animals. We learned some fun facts about the animals- like dolphins can live for 37 years and some sea horse can change colors. Then I quizzed some of the kids on the facts later. I was so glad that some of them remember the facts. I also made octopus cupcakes for the kids. Basically just cupcakes with greenish blue frosting and gummy worms for tentacles. The kids pretty much died for them though.

I have such a big day plan for tomorrow. I really need to get a lot of stuff done. Brian and I are going to do all of the laundry, clean the apartment, and get our cars fixed. I also am going to make a mexican feast tomorrow! I am going to make tacos, black beans, and maybe something else yummy, I haven't decided what yet. Jello would be good for this hot weather, some sort of Jello salad or soemthing. Either way, I'm pretty excited for tomorrow so now I'm going to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment